redheadgemini

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I had a dream Sunday night. I was in some secluded closed down ski resort. I had no idea why i was there or how to get out. There was nobody else there, except this one older guy w/ silver hair who walked by without even acknowledging me. It only took me a minute to realize it was Dominick Dunne. I mustered up all the courage I had to go up to him and say something. When I got to where he was, before I could even say anything, he said "No. Please don't. I know why you're hear and I just don't want to talk about it. I came here to be alone." I felt horrible, but I just couldn't let my encounter end like that. So I delivered a heartfelt speech to him....the speech that I had always wanted to give him, had I ever gotten the chance to meet him. Afterwards, he looked at me, with the saddest and most defeated look I'd ever seen and he said "Okay. Let's talk." As we talked (i dont' remember all the details), he broke down and said it was just too hard to talk about it, so he had been keeping it inside completely for the last few years. He said he was ready to go see her again. It was so strange, it really seemed as though he had given up and my heart was breaking for him. Then, after an hour or so of talking, he finally smiled and said he was feeling much better. I had found out a lot of new info about Dom (but of course in my dream, i didn't remember the specifics). Then all of a sudden, my husband showed up to take me home and before we parted ways, I asked if it was all right if I shared the info he'd given me w/ Dominique's other fans. He gave me his blessing. And that was it. My dream about Dominick. I didn't even realize why i had dreamt about this last night, then I realized what Monday was and it just made sense. I woke up crying. It absolutely broke my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home